CoA Accreditation Status
College of Alameda is accredited by the Accrediting Commission write my thesis for me for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. The College first was accredited in 1973, with the most recent affirmation in 2012.
Accreditation is a voluntary system of self-regulation developed to evaluate overall educational quality and institutional effectiveness. The Accrediting Commission for Colleges and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) accreditation process provides assurance to the public that the accredited member colleges meet the standards for a degree-granting institution of higher education.
Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204
Novato, CA 94949; 415/506-0234
While CoA continuously strives to improve our quality teaching and learning, you can provide feedback by making informal comment via our online Comment Form, or formal comment using the ACCJC Third Party Comment Form.
ACCJC Self-study Process
Every six years colleges complete the ACCJC self-study process; this process evaluates the college’s performance as defined by the ACCJC standards for:
- Institutional Mission and Effectiveness
- Student Leaning Programs and Services
- Leadership and Governance
2015 Accreditation Documents
- Commission Action Letter
- Statement of Accredited Status
- External Team Evaluation Report
- Accreditation: Questions and Answers- June 2015
- Accreditation Response Booklet
- Blueprint for Excellence
- Blueprint for Excellence Sorted by Completion Status
- CoA Accreditation Update Report Fall 2015
Team Visit: March 9-12, 2015
The primary purpose of the College of Alameda Accreditation Self Evaluation is to provide the college with the opportunity to look carefully at itself and to document what it is doing in preparation for the visit by the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) team visit which will take place in March 2015. This is an important process that all colleges in this country go through. We appreciate your involvement in the self evaluation process. Thank you for all your feedback and reflection over the past few months.
Please provide feedback and/or comments related to the upcoming Accreditation Site Visit March 9-12, 2015. Comment Form
- Accreditation Supplemental Report 2015
- COA Self Evaluation Report (8MB)
- Certification and Table of Contents
- Prior Recommendations
- Standard I: Intuitional Mission and Effectiveness
- Standard II: Student Learning Programs and Services
- Standard III: Resources
- Standard IV: Leadership and Governance
- Actionable Improvement Plans
Prior Accreditation Documents
Note: Most documents listed below are in PDF format. To obtain a PDF reader, please visit the Adobe Reader website.