New Student Success Steps
If you’re new to college – whether you’re a recent high school graduate, you’ve completed your GED, or you graduated from high school a while ago, start here. You’ll need to complete a simple series of steps to apply for admission, complete orientation and assessment, and enroll in classes.
- Apply Online for Admission. Choose “College of Alameda.”
- Complete Mandatory Online Orientation, logging in with your 8-digit Peralta Student ID#. Print out your certificate of completion and submit to Counseling.
- Complete Assessment Testing (English, Math, ESL Placement). Make an appointment online or by calling (510) 748-5267.
- Meet with a Counselor to plan your classes and develop your first semester Student Education Plan (SEP). To schedule an appointment, call (510) 748-2209 or visit the Counseling Department in the Welcome Center, A101.
- Enroll in Classes Online
- Get Student Photo ID Card. Bring a valid photo ID and your current class schedule as proof of enrollment to the Welcome Center, A101.
- Pay Your Fees online or to the Cashier, Building A.
- Begin Classes!
For help with any of these steps, please contact the Welcome Center.