College of Alameda’s C.A.R.E. Program
The College of Alameda’s CARE Program provides support services to assist single parents who are participating in CalWORKs and/or TANF/AFDC, and who have children fourteen years of age or younger. Recipients must be enrolled in 12.0 or more units.
CARE has many benefits for students. It provides an opportunity to achieve educational, vocational, and occupational training goals. This will contribute to a meaningful career and help to maintain a stable family lifestyle.
- Priority registration
- Academic counseling
- Book vouchers
- Four-year college transfer assistance
To qualify for CARE, you must:
- Be a CalWORKs or TANF/AFDC participant
- Have at least one child fourteen years of age or younger
- Be a single-parent head of household
- Be eligible for the EOPS program
- Be enrolled in at least 12.0 units
For more information, visit or contact the EOPS office:
EOPS/CARE is located in room A101. Call (510) 748-2258 for further information.