Skip to content [s] Skip to website navigation [n] Site map [3] Home [1]

Disbursement Information

There are now three major financial aid disbursements per semester. 

  • One disbursement (25% Pell) will occur four days before school starts
  • The second disbursement (25% Pell) will be by the end of the first week of school
  • The third disbursement (50% Pell) will be in the middle of the semester for all students eligible for payments by those dates.

All financial aid disbursements are sent to your BankMobile debit card . If you have not received your BankMobile card, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Withdrawing from classes? Please read our Repayment Policy.


Disbursement Information & Frequently Asked Questions

You must meet all disbursement requirements in order for your aid to pay. Some of the general requirements to receive payment of funds include:

  • Submission of all required documents.
  • Meeting all satisfactory academic progress (SAP) requirements.
  • Enrollment for term

Specific Disbursement Requirements:

Please note that certain student aid programs may have very specific disbursement requirements in addition to the general disbursement requirements. For example, Cal Grant recipients must be California residents whereas some scholarship programs require that students be enrolled full-time to receive any scholarship funds. These special requirements must be met in order for those funds to be disbursed

How to Access your Financial Aid Funds

The Peralta Community College District has partnered with BankMobile (Formerly HigherOne, Inc.), a financial services company, to implement a new method of Financial Aid disbursement to the campuses.

Once you receive your Bank Mobile Personal Code in the mail


Follow these three simple steps:

  1. Visit the website
  2. Set up – Enter your personal code to get started.
  3. Choose the refund option that is best for you. (PeraltaCard, Direct Deposit, By Check)

Students will have 3 choices to receive their disbursement:

  1. Bank Mobile Vibe account–  Same-day deposits to students’ BankMobile account (Debit Card). If you choose this option, BankMobile will send you a Peralta Debit Card within 5-7 business days
  2. Direct deposits to another bank account (i.e. Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Credit Union, etc…) (refunds available in 2-3 business days)
  3. By check, which would be mailed to their home (refunds available in 5-7 business days).

Questions receiving or activating your BankMobile Vibe account?  Bank Mobile Customer Care

Questions about fees associated with the BankMobile Vibe account? Fee Schedule


BankMobile ATM Locationsallpoint-atm

  • College of Alameda – F building right next to the Cyber Café.
  • Berkeley City College – 5th floor in the Student Lounge.
  • Laney College – Student center in the dining hall.
  • Merritt College – R building next to Admission and Records and Financial Aid entrance.

Students will be able to withdraw money from the CardTronics ATM Machines (located on campus) as well as any ATM machine from the AllPoint Network without a fee (If students withdraw money from any other ATM or outside bank, they will be charged $2.50 per transaction). There is also a $10 replacement fee if you lose your BankMobile card.

Have additional questions? See below for Frequently Asked Questions or visit your College of Alameda’s Financial Aid Office in the Welcome Center, Building A.

The Office of Financial Aid works in conjunction with Student Financial Services to pay accepted financial aid awards to students. These payments are called “disbursements” and begin the week before classes start each semester.

Financial Aid is disbursed to eligible students as early as the Friday before the first day of classes each semester, and  weekly thereafter.

All financial aid, will first be applied to institutional charges, which include: tuition and mandatory state and campus fees Any remaining financial aid after institutional charges are paid will then be refunded to the student. Please see “How to Access your Financial Aid Funds section of this page for more information.

How much funding you receive depends on the number of units you are enrolled in and what type of financial aid you have been provided.

The enrollment status of the student at the time that funds are prepared for disbursement will be used to determine the payment amount. For purposes of financial aid, enrollment status is defined as outlined in the table below.

  • Please keep in mind that most financial aid funds are disbursed in two-three payments for each term. For example, Pell grants are disbursed 25% before the term starts, 25% the week of school, and 50% at the midpoint. You can view your financial aid by semester on your student center by detailing into each term.
  • Loans are not prorated. The full amount of loan funds for the semester will be disbursed as long as the student is enrolled in a minimum of six units.
  • If you are enrolled part-time (fewer than 12 units), you may receive a partial payment of Cal Grant, Federal Pell Grant. If your enrollment status increases so that you qualify for additional funds, you may receive a supplemental payment.
EnrollmentNumber of Units
Full-Time12 or more
¾ Time9 – 11.5
½ Time6 – 8.5
< ½ Time5 or less

Pell Grant recipients who change enrollment status (adding or dropping classes) will have their eligibility recalculated based on their enrollment status as of the Financial Aid census date for each semester, typically on the last day to add/drop a class. Students who are enrolled less than full-time at the time of the initial disbursement and who later add classes prior to the enrollment census date, will receive a subsequent disbursement based on the new updated enrollment status to reflect the correct payment eligibility (3/4 time or full-time). Likewise, Pell Grant funds will be recalculated for students who drop classes before the census and the revised Pell Grant will be based on “census” enrollment status. In some instances, this recalculation may result in repayment of funds already disbursed as a result of the reduction in units following the disbursement of Pell Grant funds.

Cal Grants are generally disbursed in one payment per term. Students who are initially deemed eligible by the college for Cal Grant before FA census date will be disbursed based the student enrollment status as of FA census date. Students who are initially deemed eligible by the college for Cal Grant after FA Census date will be disbursed based on the recipient current enrollment status at time of disbursement. Students who are initially deemed eligible for Cal Grant by the college after the term has ended will be disbursed based on the number of units completed for the term.

Adjustments can be made to initial Cal Grant disbursements based on increases to student enrollment load.

The first Cal Grant disbursement will occur the week of FA census date for every term. After the first disbursement, Cal Grants are disbursed weekly throughout the term as students become eligible for the funds.


Federal and State governments offer financial aid funding to those students who qualify. Disbursements of federal and state financial aid, (e.g. Title IV* funds and/or Cal Grants), are applied to a student’s account for allowable institutional charges. Allowable charges are tuition and fees. Various types of state aid, (e.g. Cal Grant B Access), allow a student the right to opt out of having future state funds applied towards paying the student’s institutional charges and to have those funds be delivered directly to the student. To opt out, students must contact the District Financial Aid Office.

** Warning: Choosing to “Opt Out” may create a college debt/obligation for the student. If the student chooses to “Opt Out” of having aid pay institutional charges, any balance owed to the college must be paid in full.

Go to the PCCD Financial Aid Disbursement page for estimated disbursement dates.